Here at NOVELTEA, we respect the privacy of our users. Furthermore, we consider that complying with the General Data Protection Act (GDPR) is not enough, we want our website users to understand exactly what data is processed, how and why. So we’re keeping things short and simple, enjoy the 5 minutes read.
- Personal Data is generated by the user through the interaction with the website www.noveltea-drinks.com.
- We do not generate or store any personal data without the consent of the user.
- We consider that consent is granted when the user inserts and submits his personal data within the website as part of his browsing process.
Personal data can be:
a) Firstname, Lastname and email address, generated as part of the newsletter subscription process, contacting process through the contact form, creating an account or buying from our online shop.
b) Phone number and address, generated as part of creating an account and buying from our online shop.
c) Payment information which includes credit and debit card numbers, bank account numbers and sort codes, generated when buying from our online shop.
How we use your Personal Data
- Type a) data can be used for sending promotional materials, company news, order and delivery notifications, and order updates.
- Type b) data will only be used for providing our goods to our customers.
- Type c) data will only be used for processing payments.
- We will not pass your personal data to any third party without asking for your permission.
- We will never sell your personal data to any third party.
- Related services and offerings linked on this website have their own privacy statements. Since we do not have control over the policies or practices of any third parties, we are not responsible for respective privacy practices. We recommend you review all policies before you provide any personal information.
Third Party Data Processor
- Data Processors work together with us in order to fulfil a service requested by the user.
- Tea Venture’s partners (data processors) have worked proactively to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation. However, they do have their own privacy statements and policies which need to be checked on their websites.
- Newsletter services are provided through MailChimp, which is granted access to Firstname, Lastname and email address for customers. An extra field of data ‘company name’ will be added to stockists that wish to collaborate with NOVELTEA and apply for the ‘Trade’ newsletter.
- Sells services are provided through WooCommerce, which does not store any data. Tea Venture stores sales data for 6 months for accounting purposes.
- Payment processing is made through a secure server in partnership with Stripe. Tea Venture does not store your financial details.
- Delivery information is handled by our warehouse provider and delivery provider.
- Business Customers (b2b) information is handled by our CRM system, Podio.
- Cookies are small text files created by our website to ‘maintain the state’ of your session.
- Cookies are stored on users’ hard drives and they can be either be temporary or permanent.
- Any user can manually delete his stored cookies by using the ‘clear cookies’ function from their browser.
- Users can choose not to store cookies, but this may affect their browsing experience on our website.
- What cookies we use:
_ga; _gat; _gid for Google Analytics so that we can understand how visitors use our website. Based on this information we can tailor the website to the needs of visitors.
_hjIncludedInSample for Hotjar, a service that registers anonymously user data such as clicks and scroll to generate a heat map of how visitors use our website. It does not store any personally identifiable information
__cfduid is used to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. It does not store any personally identifiable information
agecookie and ageCookieRemember is used to remember the age provided by the age_gate so that users are not prompted through it again when revisiting our website.
Woocmmerce and MAilchimp cookies are used to anonymously store the user interaction with the website, for example, the shopping basket and newsletter subscription status in case of repeated subscriptions.
- You have the right to request a copy of your personal information and to ask for corrections on this information. Please send your enquiries to the data privacy officer at [email protected]
- We will make all acceptable efforts to provide, correct or delete personal information about you in our records.
- Tea Venture values your privacy and the security of your data. We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy and will always process your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act and any other relevant legislation.